FOR YOUR REVIEW
I loathe the word 'consistency'
Makes me think of pudding! But, in the land of restaurants and hospitality and any business that has a customer (wait, that's all of us!), consistency is key.
We can be consistently good or consistently bad -- either way, we'll have our share of customers. It's the businesses that seem to get it right half of the time that flail and fail quickly. The customer never knows what to expect when you're about to shell out your hard-earned cash.
Every business can have its moments -- a chef leaves and the transition is rocky, a (usually outstanding) employee brings their bad day into work with their uniform. It can be the kiss of death these days.
How to survive such trouble? Own it. Apologize to a customer. Buy a dinner. Take the employee off the floor to allow them to take a breath (but, for goodness sake, do it privately!). Accept that mistakes happen, make it right, and move on. Customers that know you are putting forth the effort to get them to come back, are going to come back! It seems like a no-brainer, but too many places just don't get it.
- Don't Just Roll the Dice!
- What are the duties of a concierge?
The role of a concierge is that of a temporary personal assistant, local trave...
- Calling all Excellent Service Providers!
- We are now looking to bring in more vendor partners to service our customers. Any professional, successful service provide...
- Organizing Pitfalls to Avoid
- Helene Segura of Living Order San Antonio is a wonderful resource of best practices when organizing the chaos and clutter ...
- Hang In There
- In this economic downturn, many in the concierge and errand industry are nervous. Rightly so, of course, but there are a f...
- Concierge In A Box registered by USPTO
- We are pleased to announce the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office has granted registration of trademark for our service prod...
- Reach Out!
- People volunteer for a wide variety of reasons, especially wanting to hel...
- No Junk Mail, Please!
- Simplify Your Life! Take steps to have your name removed from mailing lists.
Tell companies with whom you do busin...
- I loathe the word 'consistency'
- Makes me think of pudding! But, in the land of restaurants and hospitality and any business th...
- Work/Life Balance in the United States (or lack thereof):
- One of my favorite quotes is "Stop the world, I want to get off!" Don't remember who said it, ...
- Great (old) customer service read: It's Not My Department! How America Can Return to Excellence -- Giving and Receiving Quality Service by Peter Glen
- Though it was first published in 2002, and some of the examples feel a decade older than that, anyone ca...